- Notes: Introduction to the Portfolio
- Assignment 1: Present a portfolio
- Due Monday, Febuary 6
- Research a design portfolio that you like from a professional graphic designer or artist, or another portfolio that fits the format (email me for approval). Present the work in the portfolio, and how the design of the portfolio reinforces the work being presented.
- Describe 5 things about the portfolio you like.
- Describe 5 things you don’t like.
- Create a blog entry with overview, 5 likes, 5 dislikes and screen captures of these details to present to the class.
- In class: Partner story telling game
- Set up Slack
- Go over syllabus
- Make a WordPress.com blog
- Present Portfolio design critiques
- Set up GitHub accounts
- Tech portfolios
- Assignment 2: Portfolio planning
- Due Monday, February 13
- Create a post with the basics of your portfolio
- Description of the kind of portfolio you will create
- Sitemap example
- Sketch of the site front page
- Build a portfolio when you’re new to tech
- Present Portfolio Planning
- GitHub collaboration exercise
- WordPress pages, posts, categories, menus
- Assignment 3: WordPress.com blog portfolio
- Implement your Portfolio plan using a WordPress.com blog
- Create a front page with your intro/bio or a grid of work images
- Add at least three projects to the portfolio as single posts
- Create categories for you posts
- Create a menu to organize your content